Welcome to the portfolio website of Matthew Price. I am a professional graphic designer specialising in print and website design for Catholic organisations.
After 13 years of working for the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne in both the Vocations and Communications Offices as a senior graphic designer and website developer, I decided to focus on my own graphic design and website development business on a full-time basis in February 2011. This provides me with greater flexibility to assist more Catholic organisations in promoting the Mission of the Church, including the promotion of vocations, through high quality print and website material at affordable prices.
Print design services includes advertising, brochures, business cards, stationery, logo/branding, signage, posters, bookmarks, CD/DVD artwork & duplication, promotional material, desktop publishing and books.
Website services include design, development, content management and training. I specialise in websites built using Joomla which is a very powerful, flexible and user friendly content management system. I can also design and develop WordPress websites or provide html files for use in email signatures.
Some of my working experience includes:
- Establishing a core model for diocesan websites that has been copied internationally
- Establishing a core model for parish websites which has been replicated over the past 8 years
- Developing and maintaining the original and successful www.catholicvocation.org.au website that generated a large volume of internet traffic and vocations enquiries
- Designing successful vocations promotional material, including brochures and posters purchased and distributed both nationally and internationally
- Designing and developing the Archdiocesan and Diocesan websites for Melbourne, Bunbury and Sandhurst, including onsite training for Bunbury and Sandhurst
- Presenting design concepts for the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference website to bishops and heads of agencies, then developing the entire website, and providing follow up support
- Designing high quality print material for a target audience of only female, only male or both female and male; with a specific or combined age range from youth and young adults through to a mature audience.
My friendly and professional service is central to meeting the immediate needs and requirements of my clients and building long term relationships. Special care is taken for each project and the results of this are shown in the quality of my design.
Please browse this website portfolio to discover the diversity of my work.
The process of communication nowadays is largely fuelled by questions in search of answers. Search engines and social networks have become the starting point of communication for many people who are seeking advice, ideas, information and answers. In our time, the internet is becoming ever more a forum for questions and answers – indeed, people today are frequently bombarded with answers to questions they have never asked and to needs of which they were unaware.
Attention should be paid to the various types of websites, applications and social networks which can help people today to find time for reflection and authentic questioning, as well as making space for silence and occasions for prayer, meditation or sharing of the word of God.
Pope Benedict XVI
From the Vatican, 24 January 2012, Feast of Saint Francis de Sales.
Message for the 46th World Communications Day [Sunday, 20 May 20 2012]